LEGAL TIP OF THE WEEK
POSSIBLE REGULATIONS FOR MEDICAL MARIJUANA
It is true we do not yet know what is in store by way of regulating use of marijuana for medicinal purpose in Oklahoma, but we do know some of what is being considered. A quick rundown of what has been mentioned so far includes:
• Age: patients under 18 may need two physicians to sign off on medicinal use.
• Licenses: proposals have licenses for use lasting two years.
• Public places: where smoking is prohibited in public places, use of medicinal marijuana would also be prohibited.
• Doctors: an ongoing relationship with the patient may be required before a doctor can prescribe medicinal marijuana and may not prescribe to pregnant women or family members.
• Dispensaries: products that appeal to kids will not be allowed, meaning no gummy candies or other sweets containing marijuana.
• Location: dispensaries cannot office with other types of businesses and must be a certain space away from schools. The hours of operation should also be limited.
Calls for Oklahoma owned businesses are also being made, and the need for testing the product before sale is an issue that some have raised. We continue to follow the medical marijuana issue as it progresses, and bring you the information we have, as we learn more.
For more information, contact us online today www.hostylaw.com or by calling the office at (405) 235-4040.